Followers

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Well it's every time that I think I'm so "with it" and well informed that I suddenly hear about something that I can't believe I hadn't heard about.  The other day my sister Jessie mentioned how she was so mad that she could never afford to go to concerts anymore. She listed a few that were happening soon and one of them was Ben Folds Five.

If you aren't familiar with Ben Folds, chances are you were either born after 1996, or you are criminally uneducated in modern pop music. I often state (and still maintain) that Folds is the greatest songwriter of the modern age. The band had three amazing albums before breaking up around 1999 and Ben's subsequent solo albums are even better. In case you have no idea, they are piano driven pop music with brilliant lyrics, melodies, and harmonies and more hooks in every song than my uncle Cal's tackle box.

So anyways, I looked into the validity of this claim and found that they are not only playing in KC within a couple of months, bu that they had reunited as a band and have a new album coming out soon as well. If you are among the uninitiated, check out their stuff and improve your musical life.

No comments:

Post a Comment